Mounted archery bows are an investment that requires proper maintenance and care to ensure they function optimally and have a long lifespan.
This article will give you some tips and techniques to care for your mounted archery bow.
- Store your bow properly: Keep your mounted archery bow in a cool and dry place when you’re not using it. Avoid placing it in a damp area, as moisture can damage the bow.
- Keep the bow clean: Dirt can build up and damage your bow over time. Regularly wipe down your bow with a clean, dry cloth to remove dirt and debris.
- Protect the bowstring: The bowstring is an important part of the mounted archery bow that needs extra care. Apply bowstring wax to the string regularly to protect it from wear and tear. Check the string for any signs of fraying or damage and replace it immediately if you notice any issues.
- Use a bow stringer: A bow stringer is a tool that helps you safely string and unstring your mounted archery bow. Using a bow stringer reduces the risk of damage to the bow and bowstring.
- Inspect the bow regularly: Regularly inspect your mounted archery bow for any signs of damage or wear. Look for any damage or signs of wear like cracks, splinters, or other issues. If you see any, fix them right away to prevent more damage.
- Avoid over-drawing the bow: Over-drawing the bow can cause damage to both the bow and the archer. Make sure to draw the bow only to its maximum safe draw length.
- Lubricate moving parts: If your mounted archery bow has any moving parts, such as the trigger mechanism, lubricate them regularly with a silicone-based lubricant.
- Use the proper arrows: Using the correct arrows for your bow is crucial. Make sure to use arrows that match your bow’s draw weight and length, and avoid using damaged or warped arrows.
- Have your bow serviced by a professional: Regular servicing by a professional can help ensure that your mounted archery bow is in top condition. A professional can inspect the bow for damage or wear, replace any worn components, and tune the bow for optimal performance.
- Learn proper shooting techniques: Proper shooting techniques can help reduce wear and tear on your mounted archery bow. Attend workshops or classes to learn the proper techniques for shooting a mounted archery bow, and practice regularly to improve your skills.
To wrap up, taking care of your mounted archery bow can help it work well and last a long time. Use the tips and techniques from this article to keep your bow in great condition for many years of enjoyment.